Sunday, February 18, 2024

Now


There are many things going through my head.   Last year I was thinking of stopping work at the end of 2024.   I've had a few months off recently and realize that I don't really have a plan for what I would do if I wasn't working.   I've concluded that I want to work, but not 55 hours a week.   Now I have a job where that will be possible.   I also have 20 days of vacation and the ability to work remotely.  Certainly in a few months it will all be possible.  One problem solved.

Second, I need to be thinking about the now.  What is my plan to enjoy my life now?   I can't say, "I'll work for a few more years and then enjoy myself."   What is the plan for now?

I'm going to spend a few days in NYC with my bf soon.  Vacation time for both of us.  Ok, so that's one trip.  What else?

I'm going to spend a week with my bf in Toronto in June.  I'll be there for the Gay Pride.  Largest in the world, and an "interesting" few days.  What else can I plan?

Another trip in August?  Portugal?  Columbia?  Mexico City?   Any of those would work.  Ok, not Mexico City...I've already been there.

November?   How about the Riviera Maya?   Cancun to Tulum.  A place I've wanted to go.

Enough on travel.  Exercise.   I need to fit it into my life.  It makes me feel better physically and mentally.   I exercise a lot and lost 8kg while I was off.   I need to get back to exercising and NOT gain any weight back.

I need to make balance happen.  Actively work to make it happen.  I'm ok with working.  I like the job, and it's better to be working than wandering around my house, browsing the internet or watching tv.   However there needs to be boundaries on work.   It can't take over my life again. 

I need to realize and ACT if my job becomes miserable.   I'm pretty sure this job won't become like that.  I'm disappointed that I didn't just exit my last job.  Fuck yourselves.....I quit.  When you have a job you hate, people you work with who you hate, all your friends telling you to quit, and you think about killing yourself (but wouldn't actually do it), then you should for sure quit that job.

I'm moving on.



1 comment:

  1. Travel, vacation - all sounds nice. Do what makes you happy and you can't go wrong. Jobs are something we all tend to get absorbed in but there is more to life than a job. It's important to have money to be able to support yourself but you have to have a work/life balance and treated fairly at work. Of course doing something you love also helps. I hope that everything works out the way you want it to. Take care and be well!

    ReplyDelete