Sunday, January 26, 2020

Miami - Fort Lauderdale Gay Hotel?

I'm going to Fort Lauderdale and Miami for a few days next month with my bf.  I'm not really a big beach person as I am Northern European, which translates to being pretty white.  Therefore don't do well in sun.

I was surprised at the number of gay hotels in both locations.  I didn't realize Fort Lauderdale was so gay, so interested in exploring that.  Should we stay at a gay hotel?  What's that experience like?  One of the hotels in Fort Lauderdale has "a sling in every room."  Interesting.  I just want a few days of r&r, not a vacation in a sex club.

Anyway, considering our options.

4 comments:

  1. I live in Wilton Manors/Ft.Lauderdale. Personally, I'd stay on the beach. The gay beach is at Sebastian St. Then, you could Uber to Wilton Drive for the nightlife.

    The sun is still pretty weak in February, but I'd bring a long sleeve white shirt and a ball cap just in case you think you will crisp up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jimmy. I do think I want to stay at the beach, and might spend a night or two at South Beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilton Drive known as "The Drive" is fun and very safe. Lots of gay owned businesses and clubs and restaurants. All in three blocks. Again, very safe and very fun at night. Anything your heart desires.

      Delete
  3. A sling in every room. That hotel deserves an extra star. :D

    ReplyDelete