Friday, October 11, 2019

I'm Back

Eight month later.  My life is completely changed.

Sold my house.  Moved 1000 miles.  New job.  Traveling a lot.  New apartment in a cool, new downtown building.

A few years I joked with a friend:  I want to reduce my life to four boxes.  Wow, I'm a heck of a lot closer to that now.  I emptied my house where I'd lived for twenty years.  Now I'm in a 750 sf one bedroom apartment.  I'll move in March.  I haven't bought anything other than food.....I don't want to move it.  I'm cautiously looking at houses.  I think 1500 sf is plenty.  Not a single family house.  I don't want to cut the grass or do yard work.   I'm looking at condos and townhouses.

It's hard to re-establish in a new city.  I'm here by myself.  I don't know anyone.  My extended family is 700 miles north.

I like my new job and the people I'm working with.  The weather is great too.  I just feel like I don't know anyone.

Harry and I are still in a long distance relationship.  I'm periodically going to Toronto to see him.  It's hard to do this.  We'll see what happens.

Am I happier?   I think so.  But that's a never ending journey.

3 comments:

  1. if you are anywhere near philly, I'd be happy to know you! congrats on the new everything. and yeah, long distance relationships are hard. BTDT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to be away from family. I hope your new adventure brings you happiness. Sounds like the climate is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Sounds like life is going very well.

    ReplyDelete