Sunday, August 10, 2014

Now What?


It's August 10th.  My IT project is done.....finally.  Lot's of little things to fix, but generally working ok.  My first vacation day of the year is scheduled for next Friday....19 more to take, and I will take them.  I've been working long hours and eating pizza and other junk for a few months.  I just feel exhausted.

Now What?

I need to set some priorities for myself.  One is getting back to the gym and getting back in shape.  Two is finding a new job.  I started this effort on July 27th.  Already one video conference interview and a few headhunter calls.  I've identified a number of cities to which I'd be willing to relocate, generally eastern seaboard and some Midwestern cities.  I think Raleigh area tops the list. Changing jobs is one of the most difficult life choices.  Three is to use my vacation and get some r&r. 

One interesting thing has happened in the craziness of last month.  I met someone.  He fits with the pattern of my past history, and he seems to really like me.  This was a totally random meeting....from of all places Grindr.  I never meet anyone on Grindr and I don't even go on there very often.  I certainly don't expect anything serious to come from a Grindr meeting.  Within five minutes of meeting this guy he was talking about us becoming friends.  Some of you can easily finish this story.  Yes, he's Asian......Korean actually.  He has a PhD.....in engineering.  He's 33.  His name is Steve.  We've met five times now.  We are planning a weekend together soon.  One thing about Korean guys:  they have the biggest cocks of all Asians....an anecdotal factoid from my experience.  The complexity here is that he is on a consulting assignment about 90 miles away.  He's been coming to my city on the weekends as he has other friends (not gay) here.  I'm not sure how long he will be in this area.  It's just nice to have someone to do something with (and the sex is cool too).  Let's see what happens.






4 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you and get an update on your project and your life. Your last post sounded so desperate, but it sounds like things have gotten a little better since then. Take it slow with the new guy; he's a little young for you. With your luck, you two will "click," and then you'll get a new job too far away to make a relationship work (sorry to be pessimistic).
    -Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This guy has latched on to me.....and I'm a little surprised. He is a nice guy and he will be a good person to do things with....travel, whatever. One of us will probably move, and it will end. Until then......

      Delete
  2. Congrats on surviving the project!

    It looks like your hard work has already been rewarded now that you've met Steve. I suggest keeping an open mind about him. After all, if he moved from Korea, he might be willing to move to Raleigh (or wherever you go) too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably won't last. He will get another consulting project far away and it will end. Until then we can be friends and maybe do something together. He does really like me, so I can't ignore that.

      Delete