Sunday, December 3, 2023

Anti-Social


Sometimes I hear people say"I want to have more friends or a better social network."

Sometimes I actually get that question.  Not everyone wants to socialize.   I have put very little effort into making new friends locally or "socializing."   Several reasons, I'm not comfortable doing it, and I really don't want to.  I think about having people at my house more frequently.   I really don't want to.   I want to be with one of two people, but often I just want to be by myself.   This is the life of an introvert I guess.

My bf has more friends than I do.  He's for sure not extroverted, but it seems like he would be at ease meeting people.  He tells me how averse he is to meeting people.   How large groups make him uncomfortable.

Everyone has their own preferences for how much socialization they need or want.   Limited for me.   Nothing wrong with that.  It doesn't make me a bad person.  Some might call it weird, but who cares.

2 comments:

  1. As long as your happy that is all that matters. Not everyone is a people person or a social butterfly. There are times when I want to be around people and other times when I am glad that I am alone. I'm not for having people over, but if/when I do get a boyfriend having him over will probably be about the extent of it. I would rather go to someone's house because then you are in control and stay as long as you want. I'm not adverse to people but everyone needs time to themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not exactly sure I'm happy. But that involves other reasons

    ReplyDelete