Saturday, November 25, 2023

What Makes You Happy?

I had a plan to semi-retire in one year and travel for a few months of the year.  Now I'm rethinking that.  I'm rethinking and I'm not sure why.  For some reason I've lost the desire to travel.  Now I'm thinking about a condo on the ocean, but realistically this doesn't make so much sense.  Maybe I will do it but want to wait two or three years.

What brings you happiness?

For me I'm not sure I know.  I'm struggling with that question.  I thought I knew what would make me happy, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm thinking about working a few more years, but want it to be in a less stress position.  Again, not sure why.  I've not been working for a few months and can't imagine doing nothing all day at this point in my life.  

Anhedonia - the inability to feel pleasure.  I don't think I'm at that point, but became curious about the word when I saw it in a documentary recently.

2 comments:

  1. It's okay to have a change of heart, as long as it is what makes YOU happy. Traveling sounds nice, if I didn't have my two boat anchors (aka cats) and had someone to go with me, I would love to take a trip as a vacation. I couldn't travel all the time but doing it a couple times per year doesn't sound bad if my circumstances were different.

    Working in a less stressful position sounds appealing. I wouldn't want to give much if any $ for the trade. Then again if your totally stressed out parting with some $ for sanity might be a great trade.

    I think we all have great plans but either circumstances or our minds change and that causes our plans to change. Again, as long as YOU are happy that is all that matters in the end. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending time with my friends makes me happy as does going to gallery openings and art museum exhibits. Also, spending time at the beach or high country hikes.

    ReplyDelete