Thursday, November 30, 2023

Minimalism

It's getting a little cold out, so I was looking for some long sleeve cotton t-shirts.  I knew I had a few, but was also looking on Amazon.  I found a shirt I liked, and noticed a message at the top of the page:  "You previously purchased another variation of this item on Nov 12, 2021".  What??  Sure enough I looked through my closet and found it.   Why did I so quickly rush to buy another "thing" from Amazon rather than thoroughly look through my closet first?

Except for groceries, why am I buying anything?

A few years ago I moved.   I got rid of a lot of stuff.  I look around now, and I still have too much stuff.  Years ago I joked with another blogger that I wanted to reduce my life to four boxes.  I'm still so far from that.

We are constantly presented with things to buy, and it's so tempting.   It's so easy to just buy something on Amazon rather than look around my own house to see if I already have it.  Or to buy some new thing even though we don't really need it.

I'm making a serious effort not to buy anything.  I need to even be careful with the groceries I buy.   Again, it's so easy to have cabinets full of food that sits there for years.   Eventually it's expired.

I'm learning about "minimalism".  

1 comment:

  1. Minimalism is good. I have moved three times in the last six years, and with each time, I have gotten rid of things. I don't think I am down to four boxes, but a lot of the clutter of my life is now gone.

    ReplyDelete