Sunday, January 23, 2022

I Just Need One or Two


I keep seeing articles on loneliness everywhere.  More people live alone in the US than ever before.  Older people, particularly men, have a difficult time making friends in middle age and beyond.  Of course the pandemic has made this so much worse.

I am feeling it right now.   Feeling very lonely.  I'm finding it very difficult to meet people.  I am partly to blame for some of that.   I am slow to meet people.  They might just get frustrated and give up on me.

As you get older it gets harder to connect with people.  I have these older guys on the apps hitting on me.  Looking old and fat is a bad combination.   I hate to say this, but I'm just not interested.   I'd rather just jack off.  Just the general boldness they show of sending NSFW pics to me early in the conversation is a turn-off.  This seems to happen a lot.  

I've never been one of those super attractive guys who everyone wants to meet (and sleep with).  However, I don't need that.  I just want a few friends....even just one or two.  Lately I can't even seem to find that.  There's a niche population I do well with, and there's not so many of those people in my city.  I've met guys mostly on the apps, Grindr, and the like, but no luck lately.

Frustration builds for me.

I haven't seen Peter since November.  His family is forcing him to marry a woman.  Being around me is too much temptation, so he has decided to stay away.  If that's what he thinks is best then so be it.

The friends I have are in different cities and countries.  It's difficult for them to travel.  Even though we often talk, I haven't seen them.

I'm not alone.  Loneliness is the other pandemic.

3 comments:

  1. You are right loneliness is truly the other pandemic! I am that older guy who doesn't really have any friends and I am looking forward to the pandemic ending or getting much more under control so that I can return to trying to make friends as well as date. I don't look as old as I am so I have that going for me. My looks were killer when I was young but I just didn't know it. Youth is a gift but it fades. Hang in there we can make it through this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there. This pandemic is going to taper off soon; California is ending it's indoor mask mandate for vaccinated people. Also, trying using non-hook up apps to meet people. I have met people via running or hiking clubs. Both outdoors activities so no masks required. I would recommend meetup.org; you can do a search with your interest and add gay or lgbt and you'd be surprised what groups comes up. My friends have set up meetups for baking or a reading club...he has met many new people. If you are into running or walking, the Front Runners have chapters throughout the world. I have also done volunteer work with Bridgemen. Cheers, David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. I think the pandemic will taper off toward the end of the year as some stateslike California are going to lift indoor mask mandates for vaccinated people. Also, you can meet people using non-hook up apps such as meetup.org . My friend have set up meetups such as book club or baking club and he has met some cool people whom he is still friends with after 3 years. Log into Meetup and then do a search for what interest you and then add gay or lgbt (assuming you want to meet other gays or lgbt). There's also the Front Runners if you like walking or running. The Front Runners have chapters throughout the world. I have volunteered with Bridgemen; they have chapters in most major cities I think. Cheers, David

    ReplyDelete