Sunday, September 19, 2021

Planning a Trip


For a while now I've been thinking about a trip to Asia.  My plan was to go to Penang and  Langkawi.  From there I would take a ferry across the Andaman Sea to Koh Lanta.  From Koh Lanta I would take another ferry to Phuket.  I might spend a few last days in Bangkok before going home.

With Covid, that possibility is out.

I have two weeks of vacation in January that I have to use, or lose.  Now I'm thinking to only go to Phuket.  Phuket has travel protocols to allow foreigners entry.   The tourist population is far below normal, so I'll practically have the island to myself.

Now I am investigating  the requirements for entering Phuket, and how to get there.  I don't believe you can transit through Bangkok or KL.   Probably has to be Singapore, Hong Kong or Doha.

I have an ulterior motive for Phuket.  I met someone in Malaysia during my last trip.  I want to spend time with him, and Phuket would be a great meeting place.

I am stressed out from work,  The summer was terrible.  I need to go to a totally foreign, totally different place to get my mind off of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment