Friday, November 27, 2020

Food Holiday


Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm taking a food holiday for these two days.  After being very good about sticking to right around 1500 calories a day since June, I deserve it.

Yesterday I made the complete Thanksgiving dinner.  A small turkey roast, garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole and gravy.  I'm following the rules -- no big gatherings.  So it was just my son and I.   Even though I didn't make so much food, both of us were full and there was plenty left over.  He took a lot home.  I ate leftovers today.  Tomorrow I'll be back on my diet.

The weather was great today.  Blue sky and 75 degrees.  I went for a long walk.  Lots of people in shorts and t-shirts.  Nice to get some sun and fresh air.  It's great for my mental health.

4 comments:

  1. shorts and t-shirts? must be down south someplace, cause it sure ain't that warm here!

    you deserve to treat yourself. I had lasagna yesterday, spouse had turkey. and there was a bottle of wine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, glad that you were able to enjoy time with your son and have a good meal. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you managed to spend Thanksgiving your son. The food portions look very healthy!

    ReplyDelete