Saturday, September 19, 2020

Good Advertising

 

This is a pic from a Grindr profile I saw some time ago.  Who wouldn't meet this guy?  What a great job with his pic!  I doubt this was a quick random shot taken by a friend with no thought behind it.

I'm thinking about my own advertising.  At some point I will want to start meeting people again.  If you don't have a good pic, then forget it.  Guys judge based on your pic very quickly. Obviously the subject of the photo has to be in decent shape as well.  No photographic magic in the world is going to be able to present an old, fat guy well.  You want good advertising, which means presenting yourself well.  You don't want false advertising.  I want to present who I am as best I can -- lot's of guys still won't be interested, and I much prefer they just rule me out from that pic.  But I do want a realistic pic that will present me well and attract the most interest.

This means getting the right lighting and background.  Maybe a little makeup to reduce shine.  Some minor photoshopping.

I don't need or want to be perfect.  Nor am I looking for the perfect guy.  I'm not looking for the guy in the pic above.  But maybe there is a version of him thirty years older!  I want the guys seeking perfection to just pass me by.

How about this guy?  A teaser photo.  Would you meet him?  I imagine the rest of him is also pretty hot.

 

I'm now at 158lb (72kg) on my 5'8" body.  I feel comfortable taking a few pics.  Not going to be looking right now, not safe to do that.  But at least I'm comfortable taking a few photo shots.

What about personality of the guy?  That's what you're all thinking.  Why the obsession with just the pics?  Yes, personality is super important.  More important than looks.  Remember, we're talking about the gay world here.  The pics open the door.

I'm just thinking.  By the time this is over I may have gone two years with no intimacy in my life.

4 comments:

  1. I would rather look at face pix; they convey more than dick pix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Face pic for sure. And your personality should matter, but will matter to those who matter. You will want that person that loves your personality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, it's been more than 6 years for me. I'm thirsty! Like you said the photo is key. Like it or not your judged based on your photo, very few people stop to read profiles. I see a hot guy, then look at the profile and decide. You can only get a slight glimpse based on a profile and on-line you can be anyone you want to be. I'm the old fat guy you spoke of, or so it seems to me. Gays are vain and if your not in shape your chances of getting a date are low. However, I am equally picky about who I am interested in. Sure I want a younger guy in shape but if he happened to not have muscles and maybe a little gut that's okay by me. Looks attract you but what matters is what's on the inside (personality) and then if it gets that far the package is equally as important. I'm sure when this whole pandemic is over and it's safe, you will do well and find Mr. Right. Best -J

    ReplyDelete