Sunday, September 6, 2020

Currently


So glad to have this long weekend, but wish I was at the ocean.   Soon I'll be taking nearly every Friday off so I can use up my vacation.  This weekend's cooking project was corn chowder in my IP.  Came out very good.  I'll make a different variation this week.  Other than that, I've just been watching Good Trouble on Hulu.

Now going on three months with no Grindr or the like.  I'm not ready to do that again.  Not yet.  When I'm ready I'll prepare a new marketing campaign, i.e. new pictures and profile.  I wonder if there is anyone in my city who I would actually want to meet.  But then it just takes one.

I have, however, occasionally been chatting on A4A.  Generally there's no one on there I'd want to meet, but I have been chatting regularly with one guy.  In the course of our conversation over several weeks there were a few things I found odd.  This weekend I shared with him that I was married once, but now divorced.  "Oh, what a coincidence, I'm currently married," he told me.  Oh, now things start to come together.

Currently married?  Wtf does that mean?  Married for this week, and single the next?  I explained that he left me somewhat confused.  When you say "currently" it often means you're speaking about a temporary situation.  Oh well, not so interested in that.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like that guy is playing on the side...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would make me wonder too. The use of the word "current".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had good luck with app dating, perhaps after COVID is over my results will change. I'm not on any apps at the moment and I honestly don't miss them or the price that came with the subscription. I got a black friday deal last year, who knows if it will be around this year.

    Corn Chowder sounds pretty good. Taking every Friday off sounds nice as well. I just finished up my so called vacation, which I wound up working way more than I should have. I have 2 more weeks and 2.5 days to burn before the end of the year. I've scoped out my time already and will be putting in a request soon. First I have to get caught up with being gone last week, how much fun will that be?

    Best food for me has been microwave pretzels with salsa con queso, not bad at all. I will be headed to a friends house in a few hours to grab a burger just something different to shake things up and get me out of the house. I will be wearing my mask and staying socially distant. Normally on Labor Day I would just get an extra day at home but thanks to COVID I have been home way more than normal this year.

    Best wishes for the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete