Saturday, August 8, 2020

I Can't Sleep

Really struggling to sleep these days.  I'm going to bed at 11 and laying there awake for hours.  Usually I fall right asleep.  I think it's work that is stressing me out.  I'm overwhelmed with a long list of things to do, and it keeps getting longer.  "Don't let your work stress you," people tell me.  I'm not letting it stress me....it just happens.  Business is moving fast.  There are a lot of demands to get things done that can't be ignored.  I get over 100 emails a day.  Once some projects are done in the next month or so, I'm hoping I feel better. Melatonin helps, but I don't want to take that all the time.

On a positive note, I've been exercising more and eating well for over two months.  I'm now down to 73kg on my 5'8" (173cm) body.  I shouldn't go below 71kg.  I'm focusing more on resistance exercises than cardio now.  Although cardio does make me feel good.

Why am I so sensitive about my own weight?  Some time ago I met this guy who was 5'8 and 95kg.  I thought he was so hot.  I loved his body.  He was like a bear, not dough boy.  I guess being somewhat overweight looks good on some guys, but not for me. 

Today I will try making soup in my Instant Pot.  I'm thinking creamy chicken jalapeno soup.  This will be therapeutic for me.  Then a bike ride. 

My long distance bf is back in Xi'an to take care of his mom who is sick with cancer.  I told him he needs to be there.  If something happens he will regret it forever.  It's early in the process and no idea how this will turn out.  But I doubt he will be back anytime soon.  I can get along by myself right now.

I'll certainly have lots of extra money to travel when this is over.  That's one positive of this situation.

9 comments:

  1. take care.... you gave some solid and good advice to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with sleep issues every now and then. It doesn't make for a good next day. Good for you and the exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. exercise is good, as is occasional melatonin or a tylenol PM. reading a book helps me get back to sleep.

    yes, your bf belongs with his mom right now. he will return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suffer from Insomnia and am on prescription sleeping pills. I wish I wasn't but it does help me sleep. Somethings you might try are a hot shower and watching some TV, that usually does it for me. My younger self would beat off and then fall into a blissful sleep. Stress affects everyone differently. 100 emails a day, yikes I thought I had it bad. I wonder if they are all important or if some of it is spam? Business has a way of generating unnecessary emails or so I find.

    Sadly I've got lots of experience with Cancer it's affected my family and some friends. I've lost a lot of great people because of it. Your right in that no one knows how it's going to play out and better to be safe than sorry. I do live with some regrets and I wish that I didn't. A lot of a persons future that has Cancer depends on their outlook and their will to survive. Also it depends on what kind of cancer it is as well as what stage it's in. I do hope that she recovers.

    Hope you enjoyed your soup and bike ride. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me Ambien is a never! Don't want to go there. I'm only taking 1mg melatonin.

      Delete
  5. At one stressful work point in my life, it was suggested that I try meditation. The instructions cautioned that the techniques would relax you, and possible make you sleepy, so stay focused. Well, it worked and now I use the techniques to fall asleep. Worst case scenario is that you quiet your mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. My mind is racing all the time. Replaying issues from work over and over. That's bad. Maybe I should try meditation. I have some apps for that and could give it a try.

      Delete
  6. Regarding the sleep problem, are you getting enough sun?
    Very sound advice that you gave your BF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually getting quite a bit of sun. I spend a lot of time outdoors.

      Delete