Sunday, May 24, 2020

Plan B

I love to travel.  It's my own adventure.  I like to travel well, and doing it inexpensively is my challenge.  I've met great people in different parts of the world, and I'd like to see them again.  I eat in local restaurants, take the subway and Grab.  It's fascinating for me to just walk around a new city.  See the major sites, but also just look around.

I'm realizing that's not going to happen for a while.  Realistically it could be 2022 before we can travel safely again.  I'm really thinking that I shouldn't travel outside the US until there is a vaccine.

What if I was in Mexico and developed a fever?  How could I travel back to the US?  I can't imagine having to be admitted to a Mexican hospital that might already be overwhelmed.  I know there are good hospitals in Mexico, but I've seen some where I would not want to go.

I can't even see my long distance bf.  He's in Toronto and the border is mostly closed.  I really think it just isn't a good idea to fly right now.  Enclosed in an airtight tube with fifty plus strangers.  Just not comfortable with that.

So, Plan B.  That is to make the best of things at home.  How can I do that?  To begin with, I really have no friends here.  It's hard for me under ordinary circumstances to make new friends, and this Covid situation makes it worse.  I have created a list of things I could be doing and would enjoy.  I'm quarantined in my comfortable house.  I have nothing to complain about.  In fact I should be thankful. 

I have no shortage of work from my job.  That consumes a lot of my time.  A positive here is working from home.  I'm pretty productive working remotely.  Skipping the commute is nice.  I'll be working partly from home through the end of the year.

One of the toughest things?  No man in my bed.  No sex in months, and that's hard.  Meeting someone in the midst of this would be foolish.  There seems to be no shortage of willing guys on Grindr and the like, but it just isn't a good idea.

I'll make the best of it.  Reading, working, cooking, Netflix, long walks and bike rides.  The next two months will be very telling.  Will the country reopen successfully?  Or will we have a resurgence in cases?

6 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people are like you, world travellers. You just gotta be patient. A lot of countries are open again but, it's up to us to decide if it's safe enough to go anywhere. 🤷‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...
    You got your hands or toys...
    :smirk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Have not. I don't think that will work so well for me

      Delete
  4. meanwhile sex toys will be helpful

    ReplyDelete