Wednesday, December 18, 2019

My Trip Sg My


I had a great trip to Singapore and Malaysia.  This was my first time to visit Malaysia.

I spent a few days exploring parts of Singapore that I didn't see last time.  I had a pass for Sg's rapid transit, the MRT.  Sg's infrastructure is amazing.  So easy to get around and it's super clean.  The hotels were great and everyone was friendly.  I looked at condo's in the Hougang area.  I was shocked!  A one bedroom condo that is only 550sf is over $500,000 USD.  The 2 bedroom, which is not much bigger at 667 sf, was $750,000 USD. 

I stayed in a hotel on Scott's Rd.  It was sandwiched between two condo buildings -- one started at s$7.5 mil and the other at s$3-4 mil.

What am I doing wrong in life?  So much money everywhere, but not with me.

I took the bus from Sg to Kuala Lumpur.  KL doesn't have the perfect infrastructure that Sg has.  It would be hard to easily walk very far with a roller bag as the sidewalks are far from perfect.  Crossing the street can be a challenge.  Whereas, in Sg everytime I approached a crosswalk the cars stopped.

I met two great guys in KL.  Both Malays.  Malay guys are hot....that's my conclusion.  These two were very helpful to me.   When I opened one day dating app a warning popped up notifying me that homosexual acts are illegal in Malaysia and I should be careful with my picture and personal information.  However, the guys I chatted with told me these laws are never enforced.  In fact, they pointed out a gay club near the hotel where I stayed in Bukit Bintang.

I was impressed with Malaysia.  The city is jammed with traffic and not super clean like Sg, but the rapid transit is modern and efficient.  I felt that security wasn't an issue.  I walked all over the city.  Went to the Art Museum, Petronas Towers, National Mosque and some other sites.

More to come...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed yourself in Kuala Lumpur. Do visit the other states next time to enjoy a different type of Malaysian charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, glad you've had a good trip. Personally, I prefer Penang and Melaka over KL. But yeah, they each has their own charm.

    ReplyDelete