Monday, October 8, 2018

Simplification

There is a possibility I might be moving.  That means I will downsize.  I don't want a big house or a lawn to cut.  I'm thinking about 1200 sq ft condos in the city center.  That means I have to think about what to do with all my "stuff".

A few years a go I joked with a friend that I wanted to condense my life down to four boxes.  I'm seriously thinking about that.  As I look around my house, there are many things I would not want to take with me.  Things I either never use, or won't need in a smaller place.  As I think about what size truck I would need, there aren't so many things I would take with me.

Simplification of my life.  From a possessions standpoint anyway.  Once this is done, then what?  I settle into a simpler life, and then what do I want?

2 comments:

  1. Please consider donating your items to a pro-LGBT or immigrant organization, or give directly to people in need. The usual second hand stores are rip offs that pay their CEOs but nobody else...

    ReplyDelete