Thursday, July 26, 2018

Because I Can

Why do I lie about my age?  Well I guess because I can.  My Grindr profile says I'm 45 and I haven't changed it.  Just mentally I can't bring myself to do it.  I know it's wrong, but then don't all gay men over 40 lie about their age?  Most guys online will quickly rule out anyone over 50.

Last week I was in bed cuddling with my new friend.  "You don't look 45," he said.  He thought I could pass for late 30's or around 40.  I hadn't come clean with him yet, so I took this opportunity.  He couldn't believe it.  That made me feel good that he said that.  He also said my age made no difference to him.

1 comment:

  1. I did a social experiment in Grindr a couple of times. Once i hid my age and changed my profile stats to reflect that of someone who's lean, and has a good height (1.8, 76kg...) and before I knew it, I got lotsa messages coming in - almost everyone wanting to bed me. And then, I changed my profile stats to 1.6, 80kg... all messages stopped.

    another incident - someone texted me in Grindr at about 7.45am and through the whole day kept messaging me and tried to get me to go to bed with him (I post my real photo there). I entertained his messages and sometime at about 5.30pm, I asked if he's ok with mature men (I reveal I am 51), I got blocked even before I could type my next sentence...

    ReplyDelete