Friday, November 21, 2014

He's Worried

Last week I met Steve on Friday night.  We kissed and hugged tightly.  And then he pushed me away and collapsed on the bed.

"I don't know if I can do this anymore," he said.  He goes back to Korea at the end of December.  He's becoming so attached to me that he feels it will be terribly painful when he leaves me.  He doesn't know what will happen with his consulting assignment after December.

I explained that we will always be at least friends, even if we cannot be together.  It seemed like he was half joking about becoming so attached to me, but I know there is some truth to it.

Next week he arranged to go on a trip over Thanksgiving, so I will not see him.  I can spend Thursday evening with him, and most of Friday.  The rest of the time I need to spend with my kids.  I understand that this isn't really a holiday for him, and it was an opportunity for him to travel. 

Compounding this are the several out of town job interviews I've had.  He has mentioned a few times that I may be moving away soon anyway.

I will see him tomorrow and I know he wants to talk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment