Monday, September 1, 2014

End of Summer

It's the end of summer.  This long weekend has flown by.  I'm so depressed that I have to go to work tomorrow.  This has been a terrible summer.  Way too much work.  On the 22nd of August I had my second vacation day of the year.  At 11am my cell phone rang.  I could tell it was a Europe phone number.  The headquarters needed something asap.  I worked half my vacation day from home (and reversed half my vacation day).  On the 29th I had scheduled my third vacation day of the year.  This time it was a conference call that had to happen, a series of emails, and no less than ten phone calls that day.  Again, I worked from home but reversed half my vacation.  Now I have 18 vacation days to take between now and year end.

I need to say "no" to this stuff.  This was self-inflicted.  I should have enjoyed this summer.  Who knows how many summers I have left?  Why did I do this?  Because it will look good on my resume?  Or because I have nothing better to do? This year will be over before I know it.  When will I learn?


2 comments:

  1. You sound like the people I work with who are employed by the company. I used to have that life too but now I'm a contract whore who only works forty hours a week.

    ReplyDelete