Saturday, January 25, 2014

Looking


Millions of gay guys are doing it.  It's an exciting cat and mouse game.  It often ends in hot sex.  "Looking"

So isn't about time that someone turned it into a tv show?  Well they have, a new HBO series called, what else, "Looking."   It's about gay men, in several different age groups, and their online dating life.  It's interesting to hear them discuss grindr, OKCupid, etc, and go out meeting guys.  Honestly, I couldn't believe that someone actually turned this into a tv show.  I watched one episode and it was ok -- maybe I'll learn something.

3 comments:

  1. I watched it as well and had the same reaction... OK. I do enjoy the cast, so I'll give it a chance. Like Queer as Folk, I was hoping for love at first "watch". Hopefully I'll learn to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mac, I was hoping to fall in love with one or more of the characters right out of the gate. Or at least be mesmerized by the sparkling writing... I'm going to give it a few more weeks to see if it grabs me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could be wrong about this but I think "Looking" is short for "looking for now."

    Of course I hope it'll be a terrific show, but the first episode was very forgettable. Having a gay theme might initially attract viewers, but if it's going to last the characters, writing, acting and directly are going to need to be much more engaging.

    ReplyDelete