Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fat



Some guys can carry extra pounds and still look good....some can't.  I feel like I'm in the latter category.  


You've heard a few facts of life before.....death, taxes.  Here's another:  as you get older it becomes increasingly difficult to stay thin.

I have a target weight for myself:  154 pounds.  How did I arrive at that?  I have an online pic I like and that's how much I weighed when I took it.  154 is a good weight for my 5'8" body.  Lean, but not too thin.

The trouble is that I have a hard time staying at that weight.  I had taken my eye off the ball, and drifted up into the high 160's earlier this year.  I have been working hard all summer to get back to my target weight.  I am at 158 right now.  It's hard to shed those last four pounds.  I do feel better.  My 32" jeans are very loose on me....I can't wear them without a belt now.

I've been eating grilled vegetables and a little chicken for two months now.  Not many calories in vegetables.  A 200 calorie energy bar for breakfast, yogurt and a granola bar for lunch.  Another granola bar and tea for an afternoon snack.  Easy to stay under 1500 calories a day with this diet.  Run four miles on top of that and I'm netting only 1000 calories.  I'm even adding safflower oil as a CLA supplement.  I really want to get back to this place, but with a more defined chest. 


Why am I so bothered by fat?  Will my life miraculously change when I am at 154?  Will I have to beat the guys off with a club?  I know better.  I understand this isn't going to happen.  But here is what will happen:
  • I will feel better.  Even losing ten pounds improves your health.
  • I will feel more confident.
  • A lean body is more attractive to most guys.  Sorry, that's just the way it is.


1 comment:

  1. Reasonable weightlifting > reasonable diet = weight loss. 100% guaranteed.

    Confidence, regardless of the price - whether in terms of time, money, pain or commitment - is essential.

    ReplyDelete