Friday, September 18, 2026

46 Days!

 

 

We are 46 days away from a momentous election.  I'm encouraged to see that there are some candidates who seem to be honorable people who will work for the people.  We need these people to stop Trump.

Abdul El-Sayed          Michigan

James Talarico            Texas 

Jon Ossoff                   Georgia

Roy Cooper                North Carolina 

Who else? 

When I was in school we learned that freedom of religion was one of the most important rights of everyone in the U.S.  It is sickening to see Trump and others use Abdul El-Sayed's faith against him. 

Another callout -- Senator Elizabeth Warren (and others) introduced a bill to bar private equity from owning physician practices. 

The Stop Corporate Takeovers of Physicians Act would ban corporations and private equity from owning physicians.

The bill is modeled on the landmark Oregon law that physicians have already used to successfully challenge corporate takeovers.

4 comments:

Richard said...

As one who worked for a Fortune 500 purchased by private equity, I have nothing good to say about them. They are vultures who suck the life and revenue out of a company and walk away leaving a carcass. The only people who benefit are the PE shareholders.

Jeremy Ryan said...

I am interested for the results of the election, I think that this could be the start of something very good for the country, provided the right people are elected. Elizabeth Warren is a tough go getter and I admire her and her work, I wish she represented me/my state. She's just that good! The bad thing about the election is that the political ads will soon take over the airwaves and the smear campaigns will begin. I hate that but I suppose it's a necessary evil. This year my employer is closed on election day so that everyone can vote. Nothing like a holiday on a Tuesday, that's gonna mess that week up. Fingers crossed for the best possible outcome for everyone!

RB said...

I think it's particularly dangerous to have them involved in healthcare. I don't agree with Elizabeth Warren on everything, but she has a good idea on this bill.

RB said...

I just hope the democrats don't go too far left. This will give the Maga crowd an opportunity to come back. This is a fundamentally conservative country.