Sunday, January 8, 2023

Vacation -- Mission Accomplished

 


I'm back!   My 24 days of vacation was done shortly before Christmas.  Three countries, five locations, eight hotels, nine flights!    Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand.

Great to get my mind mostly off work.  Go to some unusual places and relax.

My first stop was Singapore.  I met a fellow blogger, Jeffrey.  This is only the third time I've met another blogger.  I haven't met one of the other side of the world before.  Jeffrey could not have been more hospitable!  He took me to dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant in Chinatown.  Then he took me to some spots in Sg where I was able to get some great pictures -- like the one above.  I would not have found these places on my own.  Sg really is an amazing city state.  So clean, so orderly.  Infrastructure projects that are simply incredible.  Jeffrey is a wealth of information and explained the drinking water reservoir, creation of additional land and underground highway.   Thanks Jeffrey!

Leaving Sg, I went to Penang, KL, Phuket and finally Bangkok.  My mission was primarily relaxation, but also scouting where I might want to spend a month or two in an AirBnb in the future.

When I returned to the US I was sick with a bad cold, sinus infection but no fever.  No covid.  However feeling better after the holidays.  Vacation was also an opportunity for thinking, self-reflection and making some decisions.

More to come....


3 comments:

  1. Hey Rob,

    It was really nice to be able to finally meet you in person and glad I was able to show you around. Glad to know you have had a good break!

    Take care,

    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like an epic trip. I look forward to learning about the decisions you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To think we could have walked past each other and had no clue! Good to know the vacation was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete