Monday, October 22, 2018

Harry Exits

It's over with Harry.

I'm disappointed.  It was almost two months.  We spent a lot of time together.  He said this felt like a fwb situation and he wants more.  Fwb sleep over six nights a week?  Have a weekend in Toronto? 

I realize these things are driven by emotions.  He's young and inexperienced.  He will see that it's hard to find what he is seeking.  There's nothing wrong with temporary relationships when both know that their lives will be moving on in a short time.

I guess he's right.  I'm not going to marry him.  He was a good friend.  I liked the sex.  Both of us will move in opposite directions in the next year, so this wouldn't have been a long term thing.

I've said before that I've never really had a relationship end badly.  I've stayed friends with many ex's.  This ended amicably, but by text message, which annoys me.  In this case I don't really feel like I want to stay in touch.  I just need some alone time right now.

2 comments:

  1. Most heterosexuals have already had a heartbreak or two by his age. While it's easy to point to his chronological age and say he's just immature, he just experienced for the first time "what could be..." with another man and he wanted someone who would jump in feet first just like him. You both sound like decent guys, just at different places in your lives. Hope all goes well for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you nailed it. His expectations were different. Read my next post.

      Delete