Thursday, August 13, 2026

I'm Back

 

The weekend in Montreal was fun.  We left on Tuesday morning.  It's a smaller city than Toronto with a European feel.  I would go back.

More travel challenges on this trip than I've experienced in a long while.  Two of the three legs of my trip were cancelled and rebooked to much later.  We were supposed to arrive in Montreal at 11am on Saturday.  Our flight was cancelled and we got there at 9pm.  My departure flight on Tuesday also cancelled an replaced with a crazy two stop routing through Halifax and Newark.  After an hour and a half on the phone I got it changed to something reasonable. 

The gay pride was smaller than Toronto and certainly tamer.  Montreal has a Gay Village that is considerably larger than Toronto.  My bf and I don't drink (boring people I guess) so we walked through the Village but that's all.   Toronto seems much bigger, and definitely more spread out.

Finding good restaurants is a challenge.  None of the ones we chose in Montreal really hit.  They weren't bad but nothing we would run back to. 

Next trip is NYC again in a month.   

No comments: