Saturday, April 3, 2021

Therapist

 

A few months ago I was in a coffee shop.  There was a brown guy, maybe Indian, sitting against the wall.  He had on jeans with cuts in them.  I noticed his dark, hairy legs.  Hot.  Peter's legs are just like that.

I've been playing therapist lately.  Many friends have told me I am a very good listener.  I'm also good at calmly looking at situations from various perspectives.

Peter told me that sometimes he hates himself.  If his family finds out he's gay he will be forced out.  He might want to kill himself.  This is what we've been discussing.

Before you tell me that he should get professional counseling, let me tell you that he doesn't have the money for that, and he wouldn't do it anyway.  So it's good that he can talk to me.

In our talks we are trying to figure out the finances of his food business.  He needs to understand how to make a decent living at this.  He needs to make some free time for himself, and not be working 6-7 days a week.  The reality is that lots of people work 6-7 days a week to survive.  But it's not healthy.  He wants to get his own place.  Right now he's living with family for just a few hundred a month.  We've talked through this, and why it's not a good idea to leave this situation.  Not until he's financially stable.

Most importantly, we've talked about helping yourself.  Rarely are things hopeless.  You need to take action yourself to make your own situation better.

I wouldn't do this if I didn't think he was a genuinely nice guy.  He needs a break, and someone to confide in.  I need the human contact.

In my spare time I've been binge watching Ozark.  Not as good as Breaking Bad or Queen of the South, but it's good.  I got my first vaccine shot.  I don't expect to be back to anything like normal until year end.

Stay safe.   It's not over yet.

4 comments:

  1. I just got shot #2 yesterday. I am still wearing a mask and avoiding people. you are a good friend to peter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Peter's situation will improve with your help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my second shot last week, and I am so filled with hope I'm about ready to burst. I think having nice spring weather helps too. All the best to you and your friend Peter.

    ReplyDelete