Friday, August 28, 2020

Two Hard Weeks Are Over

I'm so glad the last two weeks are over.  Two nights in the office with my team until midnight getting ready for the presentation.   Then working much of the weekend.  There were several presenters but I was the lead.  Finally we had it on Monday morning.  Three hour presentation to the CEO from 7am to 10.  Went ok.  My boss sort of gave me a "B" grade.  A few things he wasn't happy about.  One slide was not updated to the latest....so very awkward situation when we got to that point.

It's not like I'm trying to get promoted.  I'm as high as I'm going to go -- and I am content with that.  I won't lose any sleep over it.

This week was spent on all the follow-up assignments and catching up on work I wasn't able to do while focused on the presentation.

I can't remember a time in my life when I am so happy to see Friday arrive.

I've taken two vacation days all year.  I was planning to take today off.  However we have an opportunity for a government employment grant, and that is due on Monday.  How can I take today off an risk not getting several hundred thousand dollars?

I got a new list of follow-up assignments yesterday morning, and they are all due next Friday.  I guess the plan for next Friday is also shot too.

Maybe I'll just take the entire month of December off. 


4 comments:

  1. I would arrange NOW for some fridays off in sept & oct. stand firm, say you ARE taking these days, work be damned. they are using you as their personal doormat for their dirty feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. More than just Fridays as I have 18 days to take. I get paid pretty well so I don't really feel like a doormat.

      Delete
  2. Take the days you have! You live once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, glad to hear that you made it through the week and things went well. Time off is important, work is always going to be there. I get that sometimes it's not the right time to take off but I don't know that there ever is a great time to take off. I mean I think were all buried when we get back to try to catch up wading through the voice and emails, most of which are nonsense.

    I work with a guy who likes to take a specific day of the week off and he spends his vacation that way. He gets to take his time off just not a week at a time like most of us do. It's a different way to burn time. I hope that things go well for you in the week ahead and maybe you can plan to take some time soon.

    Take care & be well.

    ReplyDelete