Thursday, December 27, 2018

Life Changes


There were a few guys I went to high school and college with who looked like this (or were going to look like this).  I envied them so much.  My white, body by Pillsbury, would never become like theirs.  I tried multiple times to at least become more muscular, but never really succeeded.  I've still not given up at getting leaner....at this point that's all I want.  I'd be better of than 90% of the guys my age if I could get there.

I hate making New Year's resolutions.  It's kind of stupid to make a statement at the beginning of the year of something you want to do or change.  I should be able to do that anytime.

I need to make some simple changes, and the focus is....surprise!  Diet and exercise.

I need to break my sugar addiction.  Big problem for me.  Even though I've gained only a few pounds, it's bothering me.  If I could lose 10 to 12 pounds I'd be ecstatic.  Lot's of changes coming up in my life, and this will just be one more of them.

6 comments:

  1. "My white, body by Pillsbury, would never become like theirs." - you have just described me to a t. I do lift weights 2x/week; helps build muscle and strong bones and makes the arthritis less stiff (heh heh heh, I said "stiff"). but I am comfortable with who I am and I deny myself nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point I'm mostly comfortable with myself too....accepting I guess. But we can always be better, right?

      Delete
  2. No one at my school ever looked liked this
    Mores the pity

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one at my school ever looked like that either. Maybe it was a good thing as I would have gotten distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pick a cardio you like and stick to it and listen to music, or whatever to pass the time... I write in my head. Anyway, The more calories you burn, the more calories you can eat, sort of like switching from a Pillsbury body to a Betty Crocker body... Slowly start cutting back on the calories and the weight will come off... slowly. That's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup white boy here only I was too skinny. I have a tummy now and I'm trying to get rid of that. I love love love anything sweet and now they are saying eating sugar is as bad as eating fats... darn!!!
    As for that guy... wow... I worked with a guy like that, he was a player since women chased after him. He also seemed to constantly hint things at me but I was not out and I thought he would be against gay people. Later on I would discover the culture he came from has a lot of hidden homoerotic and bisexual relationships between the men... ah crap! Lol

    ReplyDelete