Saturday, July 21, 2018

I'm Back

No posts for a quite a while.  Lots of changes.  My bf has moved away.  He entered a PhD program out west.  It was a good opportunity for him, and I didn't want to have any negative affect on his life.  I didn't want to prevent his life from moving forward.

We are still great friends.  We text or talk everyday.  We have a trip to Vancouver planned next month.  We both need this friendship, and there is a strong bond of trust here.

The big issue for me is that we are far outside the n/2 + 7 rule.  He's 25.  I'm 53.  Wow....I said it.  I'm 53.  I have trouble accepting that.  I look under 45.  No one believes I'm over 50.  Speaking only for myself, this was a great relationship.  We got along so well.  We really had fun together.  But, I want the right thing for him.  Is it the best thing for him to have a bf who is 28 years older?  He has much more life ahead of him, and I want the best for him.

So now I look forward.  I really don't feel so lonely.  I still connect with friends.  I'm keeping busy with work.

Speaking of work.   A big source of anxiety for me.  Lot's of new people, politics and uncertainty.  Am I at risk of being of being fired?  No.  I question whether this is a good fit.  I don't feel comfortable.  I need to work for six more years.  Then I still want to work, but I'll transition to something very different.  I'm thinking about options.

So now I'm in this state of uneasiness.....for several different reasons.  I need to get past this.  Maybe I need this blogging writing therapy now to organize my thoughts.


1 comment:

  1. Im sorry to read about your bf moving away. but welcome back. i assume you're in the east coast, if so, hit me up. im also in east coast. maybe we could meet and chat. looking forward to reading more your posts again

    ReplyDelete