What are the effects of low T? Fatigue, depression, lack of strength, low sex drive, weight gain or difficulty in losing weight. These are the primary symptoms.
In doing some reading of postings in the "no fap" community I stumbled upon these articles (one and two). After seven days of abstinence the testosterone levels of subjects in the study increased by 45.7%.
Higher testosterone levels can reduce social anxiety, alleviate depression, solve fatigue and sexual dysfunction issues, and help with weight loss. A cure all!
There's no way I would take a testosterone supplement. If I'm going to increase my testosterone level I would do it naturally. Here's some methods:
- 8-9+ hours of sleep a night to produce the next day's necessary testosterone levels
- Sex, often. Little to no masturbation.
- Diet: Increased fats & cholesterol intake has been shown to raise testosterone levels
- Avoid pesticides as they contain estrogen derivates. Eat organic. Wash fruits/vegetables thoroughly.
- Fitness: Lift. Consider short & heavy sets. Sprints. Intensity.
- Supplements; Core: Vitamin D3, Fish Oil, Whey Protein. Consider: ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin B6), Vitamin C, Creatine. Debatable: Testosterone supplement/steroid use are largely up for debate. Consider making a large lifestyle change prior to evaluating alternative help or shortcuts.
- Limit alcohol intake. Specifically, the hops in beer.
The symptoms of low T can lead to an unhappy life. I'm seeking happiness....and looking at many avenues for getting there. I'm doing some experimentation right now to see the effects of these ideas. More on that later.